Monday, December 27, 2010

Solstice - 2010

Snow, cold, dark and yet, there is a brilliance about Solstice that feeds the soul. We need this time to curl into ourselves and rest. We need this time to sleep, to recover and heal and then dream the world back into being as the light strengthens and the days gradually grow longer and brighter. I think sometimes I would like to live somewhere that winter was not quite such a survival test, but then, winter without the challenge seems hard to imagine. I am finishing my tea, planning to shovel my car out yet again so I can rejoin the world of business and commerce. But there is a part of me still tucked under the comforter and blankets, head under the pillow, dreaming the great dark of the year, waiting for spring to pull me out of my hibernation. Blessings to us all.

No comments: