Monday, November 12, 2012

There and Back, again.

Long neglected, this blog has been on the back burner. I  had not even marked it on the bookmarks of my new computer. This is only somewhat excused by the fact that I have been deep in the process of completing my MFA in Creative Writing. On November 1st, I handed in my thesis in its semi-final form. Now, I wait for the defense and comments back from my readers/advisors before I do the last revisions and turn it in for binding. I feel as though I have woken up from a long dream, and the world has continued to swirl and change about me. It may take a little while for me to get back up to speed! But, more regular blog entries, and other fun things are on the agenda.
I have been working on a website for my classes and tarot readings, with the assistance of great friends and talented website designers and builders. Right now, the barebones version is up, but it will continue to grow as we work on it.
www.beltanestudio.com  is my new address, check it out and let me know what you think!

Meanwhile, we are in the midst of our first snow here in the upper midwest. The perfect weather to hunker down and read (or write) a good book, and enjoy a cup of tea. Make mine Irish Breakfast with a splash of milk or almond milk, and I will grab a book off of the "to be read" shelf.

2 comments:

A Magical Whimsy said...

Welcome back! I just found your blog via dollmaking links. So, no time like the present to follow your blog.
Love the shrines you have made,they imbibe such comfort and intrigue at the same time...mysterious icons.
Nice to meet you~ I am a doll maker too. My blog is about handmade doll making, mixed media art, and children's authors and illustrators.
Teresa in California
http://amagicalwhimsy.blogspot.com/

nell morningstar said...

Thanks Teresa, I have really enjoyed making the shrines. I am looking forward to getting back into the studio and working on some new dolls, it has been awhile, and the call of fabric is strong!
Wow, so much to check out on your blog. I look forward to having the time now to explore!
Nice to meet you as well.