Friday, September 28, 2007



I am back in the studio, making more dolls, and designing new doll and puppet designs. I have so many ideas running around in my head, it is a matter of patience to get them down on paper (quick sketches in my journal usually) and then to make the prototypes in fabric. I love starting new projects, that has always been true for me. My problem tends to be not finishing projects that I began with great enthusiam. I am concentrating on finishing up unfinished business in my life, I suppose thinking about eventually starting fresh again. How appealling that is, to start with a blank slate!
Family situations and the tumultuous wonder of raising teenagers has taken up a lot of my attention recently. It may be calming down enough that I can begin to put my own creative work back on the front burner. I am no wanting to wish these last few years with my children away, but I do long for less dramatic mornings. On the bright side though, we are in the midst of a stretch of goregous fall weather, sunny and blue skies and the leaves just begining to change. There is enough of a crispness in the air that one can not doubt that we are in fall and winter is around the corner. I treated myself to a caramel apple yesterday, what delightful memories came flooding back from my childhood.

No comments: