Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Reading, reading, writing

While school is out of session, I am filling my free hours with as much reading as I possibly can. It is wonderful to have so many books sitting on my shelves, just waiting for me to reach out and open them up. I am reading fairly indiscriminately, picking up whatever comes to hand that attracts my attention. I finished: Red Hook Road by Ayelet Waldman, Great House by Nicole Krauss, Jack's Black Book by Jack Santos, Divining Women by Kaye Gibbons, Imperfect Birds by Anne Lamott, The World Beneath by Cate Kennedy, The Ice Princess by Camilla Lackberg, The Listener by Bo Huston, not to mention many nonfiction titles related to the classes I am teaching. I am currently working my way through Freedom by Jonathon Franzen. It feels great to tear through a few of the volumes that have been stacking up on my shelves. Next week though, it is back to school and reading for class, at least through June!
Are you finding time to read? What is worth seeking out? What have you read recently that has proved memorable?


No comments: