Monday, January 24, 2011

Hibernation

Between snowdrifts of a monumental size, and air temperatures bordering on torture, this time of year in Minnesota is a great time to hunker down and work at all of the indoor hobbies you mean to get to, but don't always. I am pulling out my sketch book and pencils, I am going back through lots of photos that have been languishing in my camera and on my computer, and I have been reorganizing my workroom. The dog doesn't think this is much fun, although we have equipped her with new chew toys to while away the time. She would so much prefer the leash brought out, and the door to the great outer world opened, until she gets her paws onto the icy snow, and then she is lifting one paw after another and looking longingly at the house.
I am loving Traci Bunkers' daily challenge of rubber stamp carving, accompanied by a sketch or two each day. www.tracibunkers.blogspot.com
I like the idea of a daily challenge, and think that may be just what I need to help me get through the hardest month of the winter - February. What are you challenging yourself with this winter? How is it going?

No comments: