Friday, February 22, 2008

Snow and Cold


We're still in the midst of snow and cold, I know, it is still winter. But this is the first winter in several years that has been 'normal'. I for one have become accustomed to warmer weather and less snow over the last few winters, and most especially, thaws and unseasonably warm weather ona regular basis in January and February.
This winter has been more like a 'real' winter, lots of snow, lots of cold,and in between, ice and more snow. On the other hand, being stuck indoors can be good for the work ethic and creative work. I've been writing quite a bit and enjoying time to read. I am preparing to teach my Visual Journaling workshop this Sunday, after a very busy Saturday that includes my Natural History class (4 and 1/2 hours in the morning), two birthday parties, one for a 50th, one for a 40th, and my youngest daughter's Kungfu demonstration with a large Chinese New Year feast and celebration afterwards. It should be fun, and excellent food also. Enjoy whatever is happening outside your window, whether it is cold and snowy or warm and sunny.

2 comments:

Liesel said...

I came across your blog by accident. Reading your thoughts about the cold weather I just knew where you lived!! Ya sure, I live here too. Loving the familiar cold and anxious for spring too.

And about being 50, I have never been happier. 55 is even better.

Happy February!!

nell morningstar said...

Thanks so much liesel, you betcha its cold, but at least its getting better. And glad to hear that it isn't downhill after 50, I turn 51 next week! I'll admit, I am looking forward to spring now. It feels just around the corner.