Wednesday, May 16, 2007

A beautiful day in the northern plains, I meet a friend and take a walk around the local park. There was a time when that was an excursion that would take preparation and tremendous efforts. Now, with 2 children grown and out of the house, and the last two in middle and high school, I can tie my shoes, and throw on a jacket and be out the door in one minute. It almost reminds me of the sense of freedom I had when I moved into my first apartment. It took me awhile to remember that I didn't have to tell anyone where I was going (much less ask permission). Having my children grow up brings back so many memories of when I was a newly hatched adult. The feeling of unlimited horizons ahead of me, and no one to tell me what I should or shouldn't do. Stay up all night, eat a whole avocado for lunch, drink cheap wine, and throw up in my own toilet (not to mention cleaning it up later). All the good and bad and in between choices that I have made so far have brought me to this point in my life. It is an interesting place to be, and in general I am happy to say I have no regrets. Today, the sun shines in a cool blue sky, and I have a to do list of my own making, to follow or ignore as I choose. May you be as lucky as I feel today!

No comments: